We talked about why it’s important to create awesome content that stays true to your brand. But, now you might be asking how do I even know if my content is attracting my audience? It starts by looking at the numbers, or more specifically the data. Whether it’s a website or an app, there is valuable data waiting for you to look at via Google Analytics or another web trafficking tool. Analytics gives you a wealth of information that leads to not only dollars but an understanding of your audience and a chance to connect with them on a larger scale.
Understanding Your Site & Audience
With analytics, you can learn about your audience’s demographics, interests, and even what devices they use. You can also learn how they use your websites on the web and the health of your site and SEO. You can also see where they came from or are going, how long they are staying on what pages, how many and who are signing up for emails, buying a product, or visiting your event or social media platforms. All this information is very beneficial as you can tell. So, we came up with 7 reasons why you should use analytics.
1. Knowing what device your users use allows for a better UI experience. By knowing this information, you can design and tailor content for a better user experience.
2. Seeing where your users are coming from on the web gives the ability to focus on what’s working and what’s not, so you can get more referrals.
3. The languages your users speak could tell you what translations you may want to focus on getting so you can reach a wider audience or completely new markets! Isn’t that exciting!
4. See who you are not reaching and find new ways to add more to the traffic of your site.
5. You can tell if the content isn’t working or if a form is broken. Just take a look at what pages your users leave or stop an action completely. You may find a missing link or a button that your audience didn’t know was clickable.
6. With an understanding of demographics and interests, you can target your content and improve your SEO, making your site more relevant and easier to find.
7. If people leave your site immediately after visiting only one page this could be a sign your pages take too long to load or your content or design could be broken, confusing, or may need to be refined more.
There are countless benefits of tracking your website traffic. We just hope we convinced you to start using analytics to make your website better. If you don’t know where to start we recommend using Google Analytics. The sooner, the better because it takes time to collect data. But, the wait will be worth it and you’ll be on your way to becoming an analysis wiz!